Friday, February 11, 2011

Taking some time... and here's your challenge...

Local photo taken about 100 years ago, is it an average joe or a former mayor???


I really haven't much to comment on other than I've been headlong into a major local history project, when it's done I might have unearthed one of the greatest historical compilations ever.  And I'm not joking...  I will be bold and say that the many hours I've spent searching people, making connections, corresponding with historical societies, and constantly reworking my data pales in comparison to the potential of research if I had decided to do this say, 15 years ago.  The internet in this case is a most amazing device with the ability to browse old books, documents, and web sites.

So for now, I will leave my readership a challenge that is certainly plausible and can shed some fantastic light on the antique days of wildfowling or other outdoor adventure.  The challenge- produce a historical photo that includes a narrative.  You may need to catch up with a family member, or hit your historical society.  If we don't churn up the pot of history ever once in awhile, our past sometimes gets away from us.  My project is quite an endeavor on several fronts, but someday someone will appreciate the time I've spent.  If you could, please drop me a comment letting me know if you've accepted my charge and where I may find it...

Take care,

The Downeast Duck Hunter

7 comments:

  1. Alright Bud, I consider myself challenged. I might have to wait until I get back to the office on Monday, but I will come up with something for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Challenge met! Check it out on my blog! You know the address. Hope you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Score one for Trey, a most impressive post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...I'm ready to get graded. Please be easy on me ;)

    http://bit.ly/gsQlI7

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take some gravy and butter on my biscuits, score another great and informative post for LB...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My turn!

    http://rivermud.blogspot.com/2011/02/whats-in-picture-freedom-edition.html

    I think you all will enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swamp Thing ends the Revolutionary War at Yorktown, while downeast gets to rumbling with the Margaretta!!! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...