Friday, February 18, 2011

Crazy time...

So my buddy Loren convinces me that we have enough daylight to get an afternoon ice fishing trip in, and I agreed to the challenge.  Once the final bell rang, I hopped into Bud's truck with his son and embarked for the trout pond.  The temperature- mid 30's, foggy, little wind and actually pleasant.

We got there after three o'clock, had the traps in by half past, caught twelve trout in just over an hour, and of those; I kept two beautiful foot-long brookies.  One was a beautiful hue of brown while the other seemed, well more grayish.  My guess is that I scored a native and a stocked trout.  What an afternoon, we quit at 4:46 p.m.

A limit of six trout between the three of us was satisfied and I'm putting ice fishing on hold until I unleash the fury upon the landlocked salmon and lake trout of West Grand Lake.  Countdown- 5 days!!!

2 comments:

  1. Not a bad little trip there bud! You've got the "Mo" headed in your direction now as you prepare to unleash your ice fishing fury on Rabid and the gang! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going..must be the pink line...BTW..I'm hoping that I will be ending up at Famass Guide's house on Sat. I understand that Pa and Rabid will be there as well for some good food and story telling. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you and Rabid in person but hope to..someday. If not this weekend then I'm inviting you guys to join us at Hazelwoods anytime during the week of July 2nd to the 9th..we'll be the ones sitting by the fire singing along with a certain banjo picker Maine Guide and his crooner brother...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...