Friday, May 18, 2012

Galco Dual Action Outdoorsman Holster for Ruger Super Redhawk

The Galco Dual Action Outdoorsman holster for my Ruger Super Redhawk

Last summer, I decided to pull the trigger on the purchase of a handgun that continually mocked my better conscience (Click HERE).  So often with this Super Redhawk made by Sturm, Ruger & Company, a conflict existed between the necessity of ownership and the forfeiture of money that could easily have been allocated elsewhere.  Nevertheless, in the midst of a profitable lobster fishing season I closed my eyes, said yes, and waited for the call from my dealer.  In due time, my stainless friend found me and we went home.

Not once have I regretted the purchase and often have I enjoyed handling this revolver.  However, the quality plastic case provided with the Redhawk does not easily accommodate the joys of carrying such a nice weapon.  Finally, I opted to embark on the almighty Google search and see what possibilities were out there.

I found exactly what I needed...

The Dual Action Outdoorsman holster by Galco specially crafted for the 7.5 inch .44 Magnum Super Redhawk became my choice.  Built out of saddle leather, this holster uses a nifty retention strap that utilizes a large plastic tab to help snap the handgun in place.  If needed, there are tension screws to tweak the holster to meet your desired fit.

When I first received the holster, I found the fit somewhat similar to O.J. Simpson trying to slide a glove on during a murder trial.  After doing what I do best and trying something out before reading the manual, I discovered that one must slowly break in the holster and allow the gun to settle in over time.  After an hour or so of repeated draws and deliberate adjusting, a measured fit resulted.

Now if I want to carry whenever or wherever, I'll just strap the Super Redhawk to my hip and be on my merry way.  The DAO holster by Galco certainly earns the Downeast Duck Hunter seal of approved.  Now I just need to buy a belt that matches the holster. 

I purchased the DAO holster specially produced for the Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 magnum from Amazon.com for $55.13 (marked down from $99) and in no way, shape, or form have any commercial ties to Galco other than being a satisfied customer.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...