Friday, December 30, 2011

Operation Fox Drop

Didn't think I was going to get another chance to do a few sets for the red fox, but the wind dropped out and an approaching storm front made this afternoon a must hunt.  Here's the product of my efforts, a 15.5 pound red fox taken at 3:00 p.m.




There will be a full blown write up on this experience as I utilized the Firestorm by FOXPRO won over at the Outdoor Blogger Network.  I look forward to sharing the story and the fox is already prepped to be finished.

Enjoy the remainder of 2011...

DEDH

7 comments:

  1. Nice work! What are your plans for the pelt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would that be a duck cannon your a totin'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I immediately got hold of a man who has done thousands of pelts and he prepared it for my trip down to Augusta this February with the Maine Outdoorsman. The pelt currently is in the freezer, the man said it's one of the better sized fox he's seen.

    That is the Xtremacaliber with a modified choke tube. Most of my shots locally will be with a shotgun. My dad was with me and had a .22 hornet rifle, but the shot was less than 20 yards.

    Guys, thanks for swinging by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! He's a plump one compared to ours down here. Congrats and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats my man! The Downeast Fox Hunter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the red. I hope to do a little predator hunting this year if I can pry myself out of a warm bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why would you kill innocent animals that were doing nothing to you? GET A NEW HOBBY!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...