Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Daddy's Ice Fishing Buddy

I'm a fortunate guy that I've got two beauties that enjoy outdoor time with their proud dad.  Whether it's shooting the Red Ryder or Ruger 10/22, hiking in the forest, or trying to catch a fish, they always seem to be excited about the opportunities.  But then again, they've been exposed, taught, and accommodated well to the aspects of my world.  There has been times when the trip was cut shorter than expected or an alternative plan quickly landed on the table.  On any account, this quick post is about my oldest who is a seasoned angler at seven years of age and has been chasing trout with me for over four years now. 

After several hours of failure broken up with quite a few tows in the sled, a few rounds of Mario Kart on the DSi, and the occasional trip around the tip ups, we were in dire straits with the fishing.

I will close with this...

My daughter told me she felt bad that we hadn't caught any fish. I told her that I'd rather catch zero fish with her than one hundred by myself and we must be optimistic and patient. That's what makes a good fisherman.

Shortly thereafter, we got our chance.  You'll see below and have a great day.

6 comments:

  1. no other word but Awesome! Tell her that her buddy in Georgia is proud of her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Thanks for sharing. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Daddy is hanging out with his girls! I have so many memories with my Dad and hunting, I'll cherish them forever just as your girls will too. Nice fish too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...