Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's super, it's red, and it's a hawk...

I guess it really isn't red, but it did make for a somewhat cool title...


After several years of lusting, reading, researching, and contemplating, I pulled the trigger figuratively and literally speaking on the newest addition to the Downeast Duck Hunter arsenal of dismay...

The Ruger Super Redhawk has been on my wish list for some time and with the recent passing of my mother, I decided that life's too short to put things off and got in touch with a friend who has an FFL.  Several days later, the little gun in .44 magnum arrived and is patiently waiting for it's day in the sand pit.  In addition, I'm in the works getting ready to order a Burris 2X7X32mm handgun scope to use this firearm chasing a whitetail.

I had tangled with the idea of getting this gun chambered in .454 Casull but those rounds are just more expensive than I want to pay.  In addition, I've already got a hefty amount of .44 magnum rounds for my Ruger Deerfield so the choice circled around back to ground zero.

The Rabid Outdoorsman has already proclaimed that he's ready for some blasting during our next rendezvous in two weeks, we'll see how well he makes out.  As for me, I'm planning on bringing ear plugs and a monstrous cardboard box.  Should be a good time.

Take care,

The Downeast Duck Hunter

5 comments:

  1. You will love the gun. Very fun to shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one sweet pistol with all kinds of power. I love my Ruger Revolvers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savage, you impressed me with with dropping a plural noun at the end of you post.

    Trey, I'm itching to feel the recoil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. After all the talk he never did allow me to shoot it. He only taunted me by waving it in front of my face! Perhaps this weekend?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...