Sunday, August 14, 2011

Got lobster???


Last Friday I went out with my buddy Craig to help him cut through his gear so that we could get rolling earlier on our two family camping extravaganza.  In about four hours time, 250 traps were tended and a double top secret number of lobsters were in the live well.  However, this monster returned to the deep as part of the oversized monster club.

Below is a quick video of us getting out to the gear at O Dark Thirty.  I hope the video quality is somewhat decent.



I had run through my gear in 3 days and chose to let it soak as the softshell run has slowed in my area.  Even though I have run my own boat for about ten years now, it's never a bad thing to get back in the stern and work with another captain.  On Tuesday, I should be going to with another buddy offshore while I let my inshore gear soak again.  In addition, I've got around 100 traps up as the school year quickly approaches.

Here's a video of my other buddy, Big Daddy, who is first mate on Craig's lobster boat.  All of us grew up together, and for some reason it always ends up with one of us screwing with somebody.


6 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but after reading your post, all I can think about is the Seinfeld episode in the Hamptons where Kramer says: "Take it easy. There's plenty of lobsters in the ocean for everyone."

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are plenty of lobsters, but my shallow water season is quickly coming to a halt. Boat price fell again today down to $2.25 per pound as my daily catch continues to drop and I'm thinking about getting another 100 traps onto land a.s.a.p.

    Trey, we figured well over ten pounds maybe fifteen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. At $2.25/lb you're more than welcome to overnight a dozen. A real Maine Lobster bake would be a great way to kick of the football season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. $2.25 per pound..so two chicken lobsters will buy a lobsterman roughly a gallon of diesel? How lucrative is that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. K- email sent
    PBM- gear will be coming up next week, word is $2.00 a pound Monday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...