Saturday, May 14, 2011

Acadia National Park is full of wieners...


There are a few communities in Maine that seem to fall under the left hand aura of politics and the Mount Desert Island area definitely leans blue during election time.  On that note I have to comment on something pretty impressive as we chose to spend the day at Acadia National Park.  I couldn't believe my eyes when we turned into the Sand Beach parking lot...

The biggest wiener I've ever seen in my life sat in front of me and it wasn't Sen. John Kerry (D) of Massachusetts.  I must say that the Wienermobile from Wisconsin made for an even better trip than anticipated.



And could anybody please tell me why this mallard has white fluff coming from the back of it's head?  This photo taken this morning was to be the object of this post until the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile came along...  Check it out below...

5 comments:

  1. Bet that thing corners like it's on rails!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghetto mallard complete with afro?I have also seen the glory of the hotdog on wheels,it is truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lead, I've found this also...

    http://ocbirderca.blogspot.com/2007/12/odd-ducks.html

    It did catch me by surprise...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of "odd ducks" hangin' around these blogs, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...