Saturday, January 12, 2013

Close but no cigar... congratulations Dad!!!

19 inch brook trout weighing in at 3 pounds 7 ounces


 My second jaunt onto the ice brought about some interesting circumstances as the bulk of the day resulted in next to no action.  Once the afternoon arrived, so didn't the flags...

14 inch brook trout, 2nd place today
After several stolen baits and two smaller culprit brook trout (8 and 9 inches respectively), I landed a decent 14 inch brookie while my father yanked a fine 19 inch/3lb 7oz keeper as I returned from taking the ice auger to the truck.

The season champion still retains the title
Although my father's prize could be considered a fine trophy, he still came up short to the current family record powered my last weekends behemoth score of almost 4 pounds and 21 inches.  When asked what he intended to do with his quarry my father immediately retorted, "I intend to eat this fish".  Well done Dad and thanks for a great day on the hard water.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,

The Downeast Duck Hunter

3 comments:

  1. 80 degrees here in South Georgia today. No ice anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No cigar for your Dad? That's outrageous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we going to be in the subzero range late next week Trey...

    Glad you caught my joke Sellers, I guess you do read the comments I leave on your website...

    BEAST MODE button pressed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...