Saturday, October 22, 2011

Ode to ye friend Rabid



For good friends are hard to come by, this one is for you Rabid Outdoorsman...
Upon opening day of the duck season I tell...
"Good friend Rabid you must visit my way...
For this you may dwell...
Tis the Duckman has made his last trip today..."

"I offer sea ducks, eiders and coots...
Years have passed since you last were here..."
The Rabid One has found other quarry to shoot...
And for that I was willing to end duck power, is that clear???

The Rabid One made it down east...
Without his ailing gun...
I would offer Xtrema2, it was what I could do least...
And the next morning, we expected loads of fun...

So the decoys set and the ducks in air...
Legal awaited, anticipation bliss...
The mighty Rabid arose without despair...
Shot after shot, all he did was miss...
 
Rabid did shoot two...
But the next moment I must supply...
Our friendship might be through...
However, I could not deny...

The duck moved in and made its turn...
Rabid dialed in and began to hesitate...
For having not shot, therefore I had powder to burn...
Before he pulled the trigger, the duck met its destined fate...

One shot, one kill, not one more round from me...
For the day that is all I took...
However, out on the Atlantic a band rest on the leg of my sole quarry...
Imagine, please, how bad Rabid shook...



For that made all other torment in return...
The one called Rabid lost the big prize...
He just needs to basically learn...
I am laughing last, especially at his demise...

Duck Power is dead you may decide...
Could it be through???
The Rabid One I know on his return ride...
Decided already what he next plans to do...

Does the Duckman fear Rabid's next project of pain...
Fear not good people, for I am always the man...
A good dose of sunshine always trumps the rain...
And I will brace for his next brilliant plan...


God love it, for good friends are hard to lose...
The video I posted will show in discourse...
Each other we love to abuse...
And yes, Duck Power is still in force...


5 comments:

  1. How poetic! You the Man Mr. President!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Downeast Duckhunter says so,
    That Rabid is his very Best Bro,
    They go out to shoot ducks,
    With the hopes of good luck,
    But one left the day feeling low.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to edit Rabid's comments some for language and spelling but here is his rebuttal...

    Rabid Outdoorsman has left a new comment on your post "Ode to ye friend Rabid":

    Here is a little poem I created titled . . .

    Mr. President’s Dark Heart

    There once was a man from the island.
    Whose friendship I had grow to rely on.

    That is until that sad day.
    When he took my duck away.

    Because his heart is as dark as a Cylon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...