Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Running Circuit

Part of my life around Celiac Disease is this ongoing effort to deal with inflammation and nutritional challenges.  For about 11 months now, I have been running to the point that I opted to get back onto the race circuit.  It began as a way to improve my health, but the Duckman got fast enough to warrant that competitive edge and so far, it's been a blast meeting other runners and getting back into the action.  After all, it's been 23 years since I did road races in preparation for my freshman year cross country season.

My results are as follows:  Bay of Fundy 10K- 35th out of 300, Moosabec 4th of July 5K- 6th, Milbridge Days 5K-6th, and the Washington Academy Homecoming Raider Run 3.7 miler- 3rd.

As of right now, I'm building a team to challenge for the Bay of Fundy Team Cup which includes the Washington County Junior High Champion (and I still can't quite catch him in all these races) and potentially a former State Champion.

As the weather becomes colder, I've still tried to get out at least once or twice a week but may need to invest in a better treadmill so I may be able to train this winter.

Leaping across the finish line...

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...