Thursday, June 21, 2012

Setting for the season...

The season begins

Last year's blue lobster

Last year's royal blue lobster

My view from the office window

After battling last week's migraine and sinus infection, I've officially shifted from the classroom to the high seas.  In five days, around 300 traps have been set and I'll be checking several of my strings today to see if the soft shells are on the move.  I hope to have another 200 or so in by the end of next week before our yearly camping trip.  This year we'll be heading to the White Mountains in New Hampshire.

Sunset
So it looks like the Downeast Duck Hunter will be shifting over as a lobster fishing blog for some time, and let's hope for a profitable season even though the boat price is already down to $2.50 a pound.  Last July the price held at $3.00 all month!

Have a great day,

The Downeast Duck Hunter

7 comments:

  1. Just guess-timating here but; how much poundage at $2.50 a pound does it take to pay for 50 gals of diesel and two barrels of bait?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get 'em bud! I'm going to be hungry when I get there in October, so save a few for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when the price gets down under $2... I'll be placing an order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PBM- I'm running at $3.30 a gallon diesel and $13.00 a five gallon can of herring. Expenses are certainly eating up the profit margin with the lower price.

    Trey- There will be a Trey Lobster Buffet for you when you get here, bank on that!!!

    Rev- Much appreciation, I don't need to have it all just would like to have enough.

    Kev- I suppose after two years of talking about it, I need to go to the post office and price overnight shipping to Washington. If Trey can do it for you, then I should too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2.50 sounds week. Have a safe season and the boat looks great in the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great, I'll be sure to tell my friends about this. I also hope that we'll catch a blue one as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...