Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Duck Band...

It looks possible that the Duckforce may get into the water Saturday morning, but I'm toying with the idea to attend the resident only deer opener.  Having gone from a guy who took a buck ranging from ten points & 200 pounds in 1993 to my last spike horn in 2008 that made for a 28 minute season, I find my time quite limited.  Family, jobs, and life seem to cut into the prior role sets that I used to enjoy.  On any account, I've got the basic goods on the small banded eider taken two weeks ago.  Here goes...


Where banded: Upper Woods Harbour, Nova Scotia
When banded: 05/17/2001

I marked the location as the red point A.

View Larger Map




That makes for one old duck and second only to my 13 year old hen
taken back in 2008.  Here's the write up from my old blog.  http://thedowneastduckhunter.blogspot.com/2008/10/bands-bling-bling-baby-bands.html

Have a great day

DEDH

5 comments:

  1. Well that's pretty cool! I had no idea they even lived that long to tell the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that is one old sea duck! Down in my neck of the woods we don't see really any Eiders, only old squaw and i never knew they lived that long. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear the stats on your recent banded Eider. The oldest duck band I recovered was from a drake Canvasback that was also 9 years old. The numbers were worn off the band and it had a notch in it from his "spur". It proudly hangs from my truck's mirror. Good luck this weekend which ever way you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool man . . . you planning to mount it and then take it to the taxidermist? LOL, that joke just NEVER gets old. :)

    Will be deer hunting sunup till sundown on Sat. They tend to taste a little better than Sea Ducks . . . quack, quack buddy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...