Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's official, I'm in the market...

My last major firearm purchase was the Beretta Xtrema2 which has been everything and anything I've ever wanted in a shotgun, but I have this never ending desire to move towards the next great thing.

Several years ago I was intrigued by the new large X-frame hand guns put out by Smith & Wesson namely the S&W500 and .460 XVR, although I was very interested in the Ruger Redhawk series.

Now after several years of serious research ranging from affordability to practical application, I've decided to put my fingers into the rusty money account and grab a Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 magnum.  Basic reason, I also own a Ruger Deerfield Carbine in .44 magnum and figured that I could use the ammo for both rather than introduce an entirely new cartridge into my collection.  Throw in the price difference and it became a no-brainer for me.

Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 Magnum and 7.5 inch barrel

With my wife's encouragement, I've been in contact with a local friend who also happens to be a licensed firearms dealer.  It looks like I may be acting on this sooner than later.

Take Care,

DEDH

4 comments:

  1. Yea Tony, good choice. Makes sense being able to keep the cal. the same for ammo sakes. Can't go wrong with firearms from an investment standpoint. Look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will enjoy the Ruger. I had one myself and enjoyed shooting it, the only problem was that I didn't shoot it enough. It was my own fault but I just couldn't see keeping this gun that I never took out of the cabinet. I sold it with no problem and turned it into a Browning over and under. Some of my friends have the Beretta. They like it, but I am a Browning Maxus man myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Browning Maxus really came into the scene and generated a lot of discussion, the only problem with another quality autoloader in the market is how many people with the Xtrema2 and SBE2 will convert?

    There never is an issue with taking one gun you don't use and putting the funds towards one you will use. I have done that on occasion and haven't yet regretted making the move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Ruger Redhawk and Blackhawk in .44mag and have had them for years. Great guns! Used to do a bunch of hog hunting with them....it's as much if not more satisfying tagging game with a wheelgun as it is with a bow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...